Start planning a debt free future today!
Check if you Qualify
Simply complete the form to see if you qualify for any of the available debt solutions.
A friendly & experienced advisor from Mop My Debt will contact you to discuss your circumstances.
They will explain all your options, so that you can decide which solution works best for you!
Who are Thomas Higgins?
Thomas Higgins are a Debt Collection company with a company number of 10177315. Their full company name is Thomas Higgins Limited.
They are registered by the FCA to collect debts in the UK.
If you have received a letter of a card from this debt collector, contact us immediately for independent, confidential and free debt advice. We will explore all of your options, with the aim of stopping this debt collector from being able to take any further action. But you must act quickly! Our advice is 100% free, we aim to help you as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Let’s find out more about Thomas Higgins and how they work:
Do you need help with Thomas Higgins?
Are you receiving letters from Thomas Higgins? Are they sending letters to your home address or your place of business? Do they send you text messages or bombard your home phone and your mobile phone with calls at all different times of day? You may even notice that they call you from a number of different phone numbers, some may even display as local phone numbers to where you live.
Will Thomas Higgins come to my house to collect debts?
Thomas Higgins may have appointed field agents to make home visits to discuss the alleged debt. These visits can be very distressing not only for the person who is the named debtor, but for the entire family. These methods can have a detrimental effect to your mental and physical health, and to the people around you.
These are all very common tactics which Thomas Higgins use to get in touch with the people who owe them money. Without appointing a debt company to represent you, this may continue.
As a long-established independent debt website, we have a vast experience of dealing with creditors such as Thomas Higgins. We understand the tactics that they use, and we can work with you to get them to stop.
How will Thomas Higgins chase me if I don’t pay?
Creditors such as Thomas Higgins use computer systems (often known as customer relationship management systems) to keep on top of their debtors. They often follow a debt process which will make them the most profit. These methods are often seen as aggressive and you may have seen documentaries and news articles criticising the heavy-handed nature of debt collectors and bailiffs. Although the Government have come some way to reduce their powers, the main tactic continues: intimidation.
The first point of contact which Thomas Higgins may use will be an introductory phone call and letter. This is to set out their pre-action protocol. You will usually receive (in writing) a letter explaining the total amount of debt owed, any charges/penalties which may have been accrued and a tight deadline for you to repay the debt in full. The letter will usually mention what steps will happen if you do not pay the debt in full. These steps are usually:
- A home visit
- A county court judgement (CCJ), issued by Thomas Higgins if you fail to repay the debt within this tight deadline
- A threat of bankruptcy (usually if the debt is over £750)
Letters like this are very standard with every credit provider and not just Thomas Higgins. It is important to not take these letters personally. There is help at hand, but you should act quickly.
If you have been contacted by Thomas Higgins, contact us immediately and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
What rights do I have against Thomas Higgins?
As a citizen of the United Kingdom, you are given certain rights to protect you and your family’s wellbeing.
- Thomas Higgins can not harass you. They contact you as many times as they want as long as this is ‘reasonable’. This does not have any solid definition but be assured that this means that you should not feel harassed by Thomas Higgins. You cannot use this as a defence to avoid repaying your debt. You can ask that Thomas Higgins only contact you in writing, but if you do this you must make sure that you are responsive to these letters.
- Thomas Higgins cannot speak to your family, friends or neighbours about your debts. This is in line with UK data protection laws.
- Thomas Higgins cannot pretend that they have powers which they do not possess. In the past creditors have used documents which look like official court document. A law has passed to prevent this happening now.
- Thomas Higgins cannot be threatening, abusive or tell lies to collect debts.
If you are worried about Thomas Higgins, you should contact us immediately by calling the number on top of this page, or by clicking “Get Started for Free”.