Start planning a debt free future today!
Check if you Qualify
Simply complete the form to see if you qualify for any of the available debt solutions.
A friendly & experienced advisor from Mop My Debt will contact you to discuss your circumstances.
They will explain all your options, so that you can decide which solution works best for you!
Do you need help with Opos Limited?
Are you receiving letters from Opos Limited? Are they sending letters to your home address or your place of business? Do Opos Limited send you text messages or bombard your home phone and your mobile phone with calls at all different times of day? You may even notice that Opos Limited call you from a number of different phone numbers, some may even display as local phone numbers to where you live.
Will Opos Limited come to my house to collect debts?
Opos Limited may have appointed field agents to make home visits to discuss the alleged debt. These visits can be very distressing not only for the person who is the named debtor, but for the entire family. These methods can have a detrimental effect to your mental and physical health, and to the people around you.
These are all very common tactics which Opos Limited use to get in touch with the people who owe them money. Without appointing a debt company to represent you, this may continue.
As a long-established independent debt website, we have a vast experience of dealing with creditors such as Opos Limited. We understand the tactics that they use, and we can work with you to get them to stop.
How will Opos Limited chase me if I don’t pay?
Creditors such as Opos Limited use computer systems (often known as customer relationship management systems) to keep on top of their debtors. They often follow a debt process which will make them the most profit. These methods are often seen as aggressive and you may have seen documentaries and news articles criticising the heavy-handed nature of debt collectors and bailiffs. Although the Government have come some way to reduce their powers, the main tactic continues: intimidation.
The first point of contact which Opos Limited may use will be an introductory phone call and letter. This is to set out their pre-action protocol. You will usually receive (in writing) a letter explaining the total amount of debt owed, any charges/penalties which may have been accrued and a tight deadline for you to repay the debt in full. The letter will usually mention what steps will happen if you do not pay the debt in full. These steps are usually:
- A home visit
- A county court judgement (CCJ), issued by Opos Limited if you fail to repay the debt within this tight deadline
- A threat of bankruptcy (usually if the debt is over £750)
Letters like this are very standard with every credit provider and not just Opos Limited. It is important to not take these letters personally. There is help at hand, but you should act quickly.
Opos Limited may be persistent with phone calls. Phone calls are an effective method of collection for creditors as they recruit advisors who are experienced in applying pressure (to sometimes vulnerable) customers. The main phone number that Opos Limited will call from is 01414 283990. But as we said previously in this page, Opos Limited may regularly use different numbers to call you from which are not usually advertised. This is so they get a higher success rate (contact rate) when calling debtors. If you do receive a call or like this from Opos Limited, it is important to keep calm and level-headed.
If you have been contacted by Opos Limited, contact us immediately and we will try to deal with them on your behalf.
How can we help?
When you first contact us, you will notice that all of our employees are vastly experienced in dealing with creditors such as Opos Limited. As one of the largest debt websites in the United Kingdom, we pride ourselves in dealing with a high amount of debt related queries in an empathetic, effective and speedy fashion.
We request reviews from every single customer who we help, some of them have given very detailed feedback on how we have helped them and how it has completely changed their lives (in a very short space of time). So please check out these reviews and see for yourself!
We deal with a variety of debt solutions and a wide range of debt companies. This means that you will always find the best debt solution for yourself, without exception. As we are not tied to any one particular company, we can work hard to ensure you repay the very minimum that you need to.
What rights do Opos Limited have?
Any company which chases customers for outstanding debts have to follow a very strict code of conduct. In our opinion, this still needs to be tightened up as it seems to rely on intimidation. This is usually demonstrated by the field agents who visit your home. The field agents are usually male, large in stature and they try to command authority with their tone of voice and actions.
But in reality, companies such as Opos Limited are only interested in collecting as much money back in debts as they can. The welfare of the debtors is usually the last thing on their mind.
Opos Limited can exercise the following rights:
- Opos Limited can send letters to addresses where they think that you live, including new addresses which you have not provided to them
- Opos Limited can call you on phone numbers which they believe you to have access to
- Opos Limited can visit you at your home, or appoint representatives to visit you at home
- Opos Limited can add charges, interest and penalties in accordance with the original agreement you entered into
- Opos Limited may have the “right to offset”. This usually happens in situations when you have a debt with a bank, but you may also have money held within that same bank (for instance a credit card and a current account)
- If you do not pay on time, Opos Limited may register a default on your credit file. This sometimes happens very quickly, but you should be given notice of this upfront. If a default is registered on your credit file, it has a very negative effect on your credit rating and your ability to gain credit in the future
- Opos Limited can apply for a county court judgement (CCJ). If a CCJ is registered on your credit file, it has a very negative effect on your credit rating and your ability to gain credit in the future
- If your debt with Opos Limited is over £5000, they can issue a statutory demand. This is usually the first step in petitioning for your bankruptcy. You would need to appoint a legal representative (usually a solicitor) to represent you in these circumstances.
What rights do I have against Opos Limited?
As a citizen of the United Kingdom, you are given certain rights to protect you and your family’s wellbeing.
- Opos Limited can not harass you. They contact you as many times as they want as long as this is ‘reasonable’. This does not have any solid definition but be assured that this means that you should not feel harassed by Opos Limited. You cannot use this as a defence to avoid repaying your debt. You can ask that Opos Limited only contact you in writing, but if you do this you must make sure that you are responsive to these letters.
- Opos Limited cannot speak to your family, friends or neighbours about your debts. This is in line with UK data protection laws.
- Opos Limited cannot pretend that they have powers which they do not possess. In the past creditors have used documents which look like official court document. A law has passed to prevent this happening now.
- Opos Limited cannot be threatening, abusive or tell lies to collect debts.
If you are worried about Opos Limited, you should contact us immediately by calling the number on top of this page, or by clicking “Get Started for Free